I'm initially doing PhD programs in Science Education, but because of funding problems, the department decided to let go a couple of students. I was unfortunate as the department has decided to stop funding my PhD. Not all was lost, though. I'm now doing Master in Physics, and almost done with the thesis. And the department has calculated that I'm also qualified for another Master in Science Ed, if I take a couple more courses. I also already got a job offer to teach in a university (but outside the States) once I earn my double Masters. Now, I'm a bit confused. My plan is actually to get my PhD and find a job as professor, but now it seems like Masters degree are the highest I could get for now. I'm thinking that I could try applying for new grad schools once I got my Masters, but my experiences with all this funding situation has made me a bit uneasy, as I'm afraid that even at the new places they could easily take away my funding. The last time I check, this country is still having financial crisis, and it surely has affected academia as well. I am lucky that I've got a job offer as physics lecturer (outside the States) already while still doing my thesis, but this is actually not what I'm planning to do.... If you're in my situation, what will you do? Will you take the job offer and leave the States once you earn you Master? Or will you start applying for new grad school after you got your Masters?