[Intro Chemisty] Positive and negative charges.

In summary, positive charges have more protons than electrons and are represented by the symbol "+". They are attracted to negative charges. Negative charges have more electrons than protons and are represented by the symbol "-". They are attracted to positive charges. The main difference between positive and negative charges is the number of protons and electrons present. Positive charges have more protons, while negative charges have more electrons. They interact through attraction and repulsion, with positive charges being attracted to negative charges and vice versa. Examples of positive charges include protons, sodium ions, and the positive terminal of a battery, while examples of negative charges include electrons, chloride ions, and the negative terminal of a battery.
AJKing
I'm just learning but I can almost SWEAR that this is right, just reassure me?

qtN44.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Question wording is strange (to not use stronger words) for me. Element can't "lost/gain electron(s)", atom can.

I have no idea what it is trying to ask, but if anything, I would agree your answer is correct.

What is a positive charge?

A positive charge is an electric charge that has more protons than electrons. It is represented by the symbol "+" and is attracted to negative charges.

What is a negative charge?

A negative charge is an electric charge that has more electrons than protons. It is represented by the symbol "-" and is attracted to positive charges.

What is the difference between positive and negative charges?

The main difference between positive and negative charges is the number of protons and electrons present. Positive charges have more protons, while negative charges have more electrons. Additionally, positive and negative charges are attracted to each other, while like charges repel each other.

How do positive and negative charges interact?

Positive and negative charges interact through the attraction and repulsion of each other. Positive charges are attracted to negative charges, and negative charges are attracted to positive charges. Like charges repel each other.

What are some examples of positive and negative charges?

Examples of positive charges include protons, sodium ions, and the positive terminal of a battery. Examples of negative charges include electrons, chloride ions, and the negative terminal of a battery.