Introducing the Thanks button!

Main Question or Discussion Point

Introducing the "Thanks" button!

We are introducing the "Praise Button"! You'll find it next to "Report" for each post. This is a way to reward members who posted something you appreciate. It is a combination of "Like" and "Thank you".

Member's praise record is located publicly in their member pages via the praise tab. Your personal praise counter is at the top right of every page near your PM message link.

Show the love and start praising members! :)

* has since been renamed to "Thanks" button

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

fluidistic
Gold Member
We are introducing the "Praise Button"! You'll find it next to "Report" for each post. This is a way to reward members who posted something you appreciate. It is a combination of "Like" and "Thank you".

Member's praise record is located publicly in their member pages via the praise tab. Your personal praise counter is at the top right of every page near your PM message link.

Hmm I don't see the "praise tab". I've looked up in 3 member's profiles, I don't see it.

Hmm I don't see the "praise tab". I've looked up in 3 member's profiles, I don't see it.
Then they don't have any praises yet :)

I just gave you one.

Can one praise oneself?

Can one praise oneself?
no. :)

fluidistic
Gold Member
Then they don't have any praises yet :)

I just gave you one.
Actually I see the number of praises (0 in my case) when I choose to view my profile as everyone else, under the "infractions" tab. I've taken a screenshot. Pretty strange :P

Edit: Now that you've given me 1, I see the tab. Thanks it works. But under the infraction tab, I still see 0 praise(s). o_0

Attachments

Actually I see the number of praises (0 in my case) when I choose to view my profile as everyone else, under the "infractions" tab. I've taken a screenshot. Pretty strange :P

Edit: Now that you've given me 1, I see the tab. Thanks it works. But under the infraction tab, I still see 0 praise(s). o_0
ah that is a malfunction I can quickly resolve

fluidistic
Gold Member
WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
I wanna praise myself :[

strangerep
Science Advisor
I wanna praise myself :[
Oh, c'mon. You don't need PF for that when you can do it in the privacy of your own bedroom. :biggrin:

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
oh, c'mon. You don't need pf for that when you can do it in the privacy of your own bedroom. :biggrin:
looooooooooooooooooool my god this is a brilliant comment

looooooooooooooooooool my god this is a brilliant comment
Maby you should praise it.

atyy
Science Advisor
WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
And report it too.
I can't now that I praised myself ;)

and this will lead to the "Most Praised Poster Award".

so can we praise ourselves?

strangerep
Science Advisor
and this will lead to the "Most Praised Poster Award".

so can we praise ourselves?
We don't have to embarrass people now do we? We already know WTN praises himself the most... :D

Hey, I don't know if this thing is working properly. Can one of you guys praise me so I can see if it works? Just hit that praise button by my name right there, the one that says "DiracPool" Thanks.

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
We don't have to embarrass people now do we? We already know WTN praises himself the most... :D
This is true...excuse me while I wash my hands...again xDD

Hey, I don't know if this thing is working properly. Can one of you guys praise me so I can see if it works? Just hit that praise button by my name right there, the one that says "DiracPool" Thanks.
special delivery! you got praise!

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
special delivery! you got praise!
Yay, look at me, I got a praise. I'm cool. Thanks Greg. :biggrin:

We hit 50 praises in 12 hours. Now that is showing the love! Keep it up!

OH my, i can praise my own post.