Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introduction from a Liberal Arts Type

Tags:
  1. Feb 22, 2015 #1
    Good morning,

My name is sbogucki (Steve B). I am a 31 year old dude with a blossoming interest in conceptual physics.

My undergraduate degree is in religious studies and international studies. However, I work in an aviation engineering office and from that experience, have been exposed to some STEM principles that I have found fascinating. I recently picked up a layman's physics anthology sort of book, and now I find myself considering the scientific basis for all things in every day life. I am obsessive by nature, (i.e., the type who doesn't just run, but has to be a competitive, victorious runner) and I want to tackle this nascent passion with the same vigor.

I feel like I have an aptitude for the basic concepts. It's almost as if I sense that there is little I am simply incapable of understanding, just a lot that I simply do not know yet. At least as far as concepts go. I am wholly unsure of my mathematic capabilities, mostly because I have never rigorously tested them.

I've become convinced that the many many people with greater science knowledge than me are in on some secret. I want in on this esoteric world knowledge!

Anyway, thanks for this resource. I look forward to be a long time follower. Certainly via reading more than posting.

Thanks again.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2015 #2

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor

Psst. The Moon. It's not made of cheese. Don't tell anyone.
    If you stay around long enough, you may learn exactly what kind of cheese. :wink:

Welcome to PF!

4. Feb 22, 2015 #3

I feel a step closer to initiation into the community already! :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook