1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ionization driven phase change

  1. Jul 25, 2013 #1


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    I've been searching online without success for information related to the process (name?) Of utilizing the repusive force between negatively ionized particles to facilitate a change of phase from liquid to plasma.
    I would like to be able to take a substance in liquid form inside a vacuum, apply a voltage from say, a flyback transformer to the liquid and have the liquid transition to a plasma.

    I would appreciate some feedback of its feasability or links to more information on the subject.

    Thanks a bunch,
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2013 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    Isn't that just called ionization?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook