Is a Career in Academia the Right Choice for a Physics Graduate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ege_O
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 475 views
Ege_O
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
How did you find PF?
I was searching about how and where to do master in mathematical physics and wondering if a career in mathematical physics is reasonable for me. I saw this forum in Google and so here I am.
I am a physics graduate from Middle East Technical University in Turkey with 3.45/4.00 CGPA. I've always wanted to be a theoretical/mathematical physicist since elementary school. I took String Theory, General Relativity, Particle Physics courses in my undergraduate years. However, many of people around the internet say a career in academia is very competitive (and therefore, stressful), thus, I am not sure what to do now. I joined this forum to find an answer.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

Post a new thread in the Academic Guidance forum to get some good replies.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ege_O