Is a Double Major in Physics and Astronomy the Best Path to Astrophysics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Totalderiv
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Totalderiv
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Need some help deciding!

Hello, I need some help figuring out my college plan as an undergraduate. I'm looking at applying to OSU, University of Michigan, University of Maryland, and University of Chicago. I'm looking to do astrophysics, but most of them don't have it. Would it be easier to double major as physics and astronomy, then do astrophysics for graduate program?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org


No matter where you go, you should be majoring in physics. Classes in astronomy, math, and computer science are useful/necessary as well, but physics is essential for graduate programs in physics, astrophysics, or astronomy. A double-major in physics and astronomy would work nicely. Those are all excellent schools for this.