Is a Ph.D. in Astrophysics essential for a career in exoplanet exploration?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
mh8780
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have a love and passion for astrophysics, most specifically exoplanets. I do wish to be in the profession. I am 2.5 years away from college, so I have ample time to think about my future.
From what I gather from some sources is that the best progression to become one is : BS Physics, MS Astrophysics and PH.D Astrophysics.
Is this the best way?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you're in the US, a MS is unnecessary, in some cases not recommended.
 
Then you'll go bachelors -> doctorate.

Just what about exoplanets are you interested in?
 
I really like astrophysics, exoplanets interests me the most. It's mostly because that's what sparked my interest in astrophysics originally.
So to restate my original question, Is it Ok to do BS Physics to PH.D Astrophysics?