Is America out of good rock bands?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
I think it is safe to say that all musical talent in the united states has been exausted.
Wow, you suddenly sound very very old. I thought you had to be at least 30 before you were allowed to complain about "kids these days with their bad music." :rofl:

Have you noticed that on holiday weekends, suddenly all the stations switch over to "80's Flashback Weekends?"

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Moonbear said:
Have you noticed that on holiday weekends, suddenly all the stations switch over to "80's Flashback Weekends?"
And still they rarely play the good music of the 80's which were, mostly, through the independant labels, such as "Ace of Hearts" which released the Mission of Burma LPs. Did I mention Mission of Burma? Did I tell you that this essential band regrouped?
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F3AJLM/103-1379395-1978214?v=glance&n=5174

Shinedown is a good band, from the south, a bit heavy, but that is what I like.They have lyrics that actually mean something.

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
Chi Meson said:
And still they rarely play the good music of the 80's which were, mostly, through the independant labels, such as "Ace of Hearts" which released the Mission of Burma LPs. Did I mention Mission of Burma? Did I tell you that this essential band regrouped?
Chi,
If you don't already have it, I can not recommend enough getting XM radio (or DirecTV which now broadcasts XM too). The station FRED is so incredibly awesome. You would love it. It's standard play lists are right up your (and my) alley. Trust me, you will not hear Culture Club on this station.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chi Meson said:
:rofl: Yes, one of my friends is really vocal about this complaint. Whenever they do one of those flashback weekends, and they start repeating the most played songs, she'll shout out, "It was a whole decade! There's enough music to not repeat songs in one weekend!"

When I was still in college, one station used to set aside a day or weekend here or there to play deep cuts. I always enjoyed that much more than the regular programming.

If you ran out of bands, check out the more than 100,000 rock bands you can find on the following websites:

www.soundclick.com

www.cdbaby.com

www.rockdetector.com[/URL]

and for more progressive - experimental :

[url]www.gepr.net[/url]

[url]www.gnosis2000.net[/url]

Alot of them are American but many are from other countries also.

Last edited by a moderator: