Is America turning into a Monarchy?

• News
  • Thread starter Anttech
  • Start date
What people don't realize is that Bush could suspend the constitution by claiming "National Emergency." This would mean he can stay in office even after his second term is up.

russ_watters
Mentor
We already discussed that conspiracy theory, picklefeet. It doesn't get any less rediculous over the years.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=freedom+to+fascism&total=833&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0" [Broken]

Too late, the real question is, can we get it back ?

Last edited by a moderator:
baywax
Gold Member
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=freedom+to+fascism&total=833&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0" [Broken]

Too late, the real question is, can we get it back ?
Lets see, when Germany came under the corrupt, autocratic control of the NAZI party it lasted about 9 years. Apparently the only way to restore a semblance of German democratic society was for the leader to contract syphilis so he made bad tactical decisions and even then the whole place had to be invaded to bring about a more reasonable rule. Is America ready for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
drankin
Lets see, when Germany came under the corrupt, autocratic control of the NAZI party it lasted about 9 years. Apparently the only way to restore a semblance of German democratic society was for the leader to contract syphilis so he made bad tactical decisions and even then the whole place had to be invaded to bring about a more reasonable rule. Is America ready for this?
:rofl:
I'm curious, who would be the "invaders" to bring this about?

baywax
Gold Member
Tibet?:bugeye:

drankin
Tibet?:bugeye:
That's not funny, man! Those Tibetans don't mess around.

Art
I thought Mexico had already seized a couple of states :wink:

(thats for Edward lol)

As for the question in the OP - Not in a million years.

drankin
I thought Mexico had already seized a couple of states :wink:

(thats for Edward lol)
Yep, at least California.

baywax
Gold Member
As for the question in the OP - Not in a million years.
Considering how the President treated the English monarch recently; mistakenly dating her last visit to have taken place in 1776, I'd say there is no way, in a million years, that the US could find the composure and restraint to support and abide by the rule of a monarchy. However, the US govt is well on its way to mimicing the operations of a Monarchy.

George Bush 89-93
Bill Clinton 93-03
George w Bush 01--09
Hilary Clinton?? 09--

See a pattern?

To me this is against all of what a Democracy should be about.....
Yes, the pattern is a swing from one ideology to another and back again....politics.

All these people were ELECTED by the people and that IS what a democracy is all about.

Yes, the pattern is a swing from one ideology to another and back again....politics.

All these people were ELECTED by the people and that IS what a democracy is all about.
oh don't be so simplistic. Just because there are formal democratic structures doesn't guarantee it's what 'democracy is all about'. Iraq had formal democratic structures, I don't think anyone would actually argue Saddam was a democratic leader.

in the US we have the right hand vs the left hand, but few see they are attached to the same corporate body where all the money and power comes from. Democracy is the people up, the US is the government imposing from the top down and in general the rule by ghosts who's will is difficult to override by the living. In many casing disregarding the desire of the people all together. By giving people the ILLUSION of a say, it makes it very difficult for the masses to conspire and revolt... which is why the gov't gets so upset when fewer and fewer people are voting... they understand that many of them are arming.

Democracy exist to elect presidents, senators, etc. But factions exist to make financial decisions of a community or corporation. IF you take the factions away, you take away people's loans, credit cards, house, car, etc. Everything else aside, monarchies are just traditional style plays for the public's amusement. Bush isn't exactly a Rockefeller then again it is not exactly a peanut farmer.