Is Beef Really as Unhealthy as Eating Wood?

  • Thread starter Thread starter proton
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 5K views
proton
Messages
349
Reaction score
0
i heard beef is extremely bad for your heatlh unlike chicken, similar to eating wood. eating it everyday is equivalent to eating ramen everyday. is that true?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Danger said:
What the hell is 'ramen'? :confused:
Think cup o noodle.
 
proton said:
i heard beef is extremely bad for your heatlh unlike chicken, similar to eating wood. eating it everyday is equivalent to eating ramen everyday. is that true?

Eating large quantities of red meat can be bad for you but not as you seem to be describing. You do get nuitrients, fats, and such that you need from red meat unlike if you were to eat wood or ramen as you mention. The only source of this idea I can think of is that red meat takes a very long time to fully digest and so someone may have come to the conclusion that if it just sits in your bowels it must not be doing much for you.
 
proton said:
i heard beef is extremely bad for your heatlh unlike chicken, similar to eating wood. eating it everyday is equivalent to eating ramen everyday. is that true?
Not from the cow's point of view. Say, you're not the president of Chick-fil-A are you?
 
Chickens are evil

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/improperly-cooked-chicken-cause-severe-illness-death.html

Give me a pink juicy steak any day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chickens contain too much arsenic. Here's your stake.



steak.jpg
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Maybe two breasts a day.

I like breasts, who else here likes breasts?
 
what said:
Chickens contain too much arsenic. Here's your stake.



steak.jpg

Mmmmm flame grilled :smile:
 
NeoDevin said:
I like breasts, who else here likes breasts?

Damn! You beat me to it.
We eat a lot of chicken and fish, probably more than red meat, but I still have to snag some beef when I have a chance. (W has cholesterol problems, so my diet is partially regulated by hers.)
As I've said before, the perfect fast food consists of a chainsaw and a cow--fire is optional.
 
Steak :pukes:

Give me dark chicken any day of the week. So good.
 
Danger said:
Damn! You beat me to it.

I even made a poll about it, but Evo changed the title on me...