Is Dublin University (DIT) a Good Choice for a Culinary Arts Career?

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mynick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mynick
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hello,
i am seriously thinking of persuing a culinary arts (!) career so as to become a grand chef someday,hopefully.I know that the best schools for that purpose are located in Italy and France but i can't speak their languages.
I try to spot really good schools. Since i live in Europe i seek after culinary arts schools in English speaking countries(omg i can speak english :p),within EU borders.Any suggestions?

I found out that Dublin University(DIT) of Ireland has a 4 years course leading to a BA in culinary Arts.

I would be much obliged if someone has first hand information about that specific university course,preferably from Ireland citizens.Is it really good in terms of competence?Does it have a good reputation?Does it worth it? Or, you just graduate with poor cooking knowledge/skills unable to get a good job?Any advise would be of great help,i have 13 more days time-margin to submit my application...i email-ed to the director of that faculty asking details,i got no response and the DIT website provides some information,but it is just advertisement and promotion. Thanks for your time :)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a science forum... maybe someone can help you here, but I doubt it.

Have you tried finding any culinary message boards to ask your question on?

Anyway, good luck, and welcome... sorry I couldn't be of more help!