Punkyc7 Messages 415 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Feb 25, 2012 #1 Lets say I have a group of index 2 and I have some subgroup K. Is it that G\K is a subgroup as well?
Dick Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 26,254 Reaction score 623 Feb 25, 2012 #2 Punkyc7 said: Lets say I have a group of index 2 and I have some subgroup K. Is it that G\K is a subgroup as well? That's not the sloppiest question I've ever seen posted but it's right up there. Can you rephrase that? Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
Punkyc7 said: Lets say I have a group of index 2 and I have some subgroup K. Is it that G\K is a subgroup as well? That's not the sloppiest question I've ever seen posted but it's right up there. Can you rephrase that?
Deveno Science Advisor Gold Member MHB Messages 2,726 Reaction score 6 Feb 26, 2012 #3 elements of G/K are cosets gK, these are not elements of G unless K = {e}.