Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is hell exothermic or endothermic interesting find

1. Nov 20, 2008 #1
    Apparently students were given an assignment to prove whether hell obeyed the laws of thermodynamics and if it was endothermic or exothermic. The most interesting response is given below.

http://wfhummel.cnchost.com/hell.html

author unkown.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2008 #2
    This assumes hell is within the bounds of physics as we know it.

4. Nov 20, 2008 #3
  5. Nov 20, 2008 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This is OLD. I posted it in Science jokes 4 years ago and I had gotten it from a friend 4-5 years before that. My version is from about 9 years ago. This, I believe, is the original, and IMO, best version.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  6. Nov 20, 2008 #5

wolram

Gold Member

First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into Hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more

Have you not heard of hellkings radiation?

7. Nov 21, 2008 #6
    ahah well most jokes are rehashed versions of older ones - it was funny nontheless

8. Nov 21, 2008 #7

neu

no what is it? I looked on wiki but can't find it do go on...

It is v.strange; when i search for hellkings radiation in google all I get is this topic.

Mental?!

9. Nov 21, 2008 #8
    Yeah...this is a really old joke. I remember my dad telling me about getting this in an email. And that was WAY back in the day when the concept of email was just catching on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?