Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it just me, or has LaTeX stopped working?

1. May 17, 2013 #1

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I haven't been able to see any LaTeX for about an hour. I tried to reboot my computer and even tried internet explorer (instead of firefox), but all I see is plain text.
    $$\LaTeX$$

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2013 #2

Mentz114

Gold Member

It's also stopped rendering for me

##E = -mu^{a}\xi_{a}##

FireFox also

4. May 17, 2013 #3
    Clear your browser cache. They just released 2.2 and there is likely a mix of files.

5. May 17, 2013 #4

CAF123

Gold Member

I have the same problem - I thought it might have been because I was on an IPad, but I have moved to my laptop and the LaTeX is still not processing - on IE and Chrome I tried.

6. May 17, 2013 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

So that's what the problem is - I noticed it stopped working about 4 hours ago, but I wasn't sure if it just me. As it wasn't working neither here nor at the other forum (CF), I decided to wait before trying to correct/investigate.

7. May 17, 2013 #6

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It looks fine now. I didn't do anything to make it work (like clear the cache).

8. May 17, 2013 #7

Borek

Greg has temporarily patched the forum. That's what MathJax suggests at their site.

9. May 20, 2013 #8

Borek

Looks like MathJax is back to normal - at least for me. I have removed the 2-2 patch at CF and LaTeX displays OK.

10. May 20, 2013 #9
    Good news! I'll use the general "latest" link soon.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook