Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it pointless to pursue Math or Physics if you are stuck in an area of grade?

1. Aug 11, 2010 #1
    I feel at bit down seeing how all my grades averaged out to be in the 80s, but no more than 85s. I tried a summer course this summer and I thought I could concentrate better, but I still ended up with an 80.

When I look at some grad school applications, they all demand a minimum of 80 to even get in, I am on like the borderline. Even for Masters' degree it turned out to be in the 80s, I just completed my first year, should I just switch to a more lucrative career, say Engineering?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2015 #2
    As a little note, if you're having trouble with first-year physics classes, engineering will probably be just as hard. Sure, you could still get a more lucrative job, but the next few years probably won't be much fun. See if you can improve your study habits, maybe?

4. Jun 27, 2015 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

This thread is nearly five years old. The original poster has probably finished his/her bachelor's degree by now.

Let this serve as a reminder to check the date on a post that you find in a forum search or Google search, before you decide whether to reply to it. :oldwink:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook