Is LaTeX commonly used for bridge and chess diagrams?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bridge Chess Latex
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 5K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Messages
7,864
Reaction score
1,605
I'm curious whether LaTex is commonly used to display online discussions of bridge and chess? (Yes, if I investigated online Bridge or chess forums, I'd find the answer. However I hope someone who knows will save me the trouble.)

Just a casual search for "LaTex for bridge deals" shows that people have created "packages" in LaTex to do diagrams in their blogs.

With respect to the situation on physicsforums, my impression is that the implementation of LaTex is done in a manner that dispenses with the need for people to write all the stuff needed to define a proper LaTex document. So the implementation of bridge or chess diagrams would require changes in the forum software. Is that correct?
 
Physics news on Phys.org