Is M.S. Atmospheric Science as challenging as a math major with a physics minor?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Shackleford
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
2
Surprise, surprise! Another graduate program I'm considering at my university. I'm wondering how this would compare difficulty-wise to my math major, physics minor. It looks like most of the classes I'd take have Intro. to PDE as a prerequisite, e.g. Atmospheric Physics/Chemistry, etc. For my electives, I'd take the Intro. to PDE, Intro. to Complex Analysis so I could take the graduate-level Methods of Mathematical Physics.

University of Maryland-BC has an interesting Atmospheric Physics program that requires Methods of Mathematical Physics and Quantum Mechanics. Of course, I've already taken the undergrad QM course.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Guess we don't have a lot of atmospheric scientists on here.
 
Isn't this a bit like asking, "how long is a piece of string?" Any course in any subject is as hard as a professor wants to make it. Try and get in touch with current students and ask them how hard the course is. Check out the course web site. If it's badly organised, or has little information that's a bad sign. If all the course material is online, that's the best sign!