Is My Daughter's Artwork Truly Handmade or Digitally Enhanced?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Art
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
80 replies · 13K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
I will combine this with the other art thread, but wanted to share a couple of pictures that Spawn of Evo has done recently. I always say that she is an artist, but have never posted her work.

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg

[URL]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
Wow! Those are amazing! Has Zooby seen these?
No, he hasn't.

lisab said:
Those are really great!
Thanks! I wish I had more. She doesn't think she's talented enough to pursue art, or hasn't.
 
Evo said:
I will combine this with the other art thread, but wanted to share a couple of pictures that Spawn of Evo has done recently. I always say that she is an artist, but have never posted her work.

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg[/QUOTE]

WOW. I'm in love :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
cronxeh said:
WOW. I'm in love :biggrin:

The first one, or the second one?
 
cronxeh said:
WOW. I'm in love :biggrin:

With an elf?
 
Pengwuino said:
With an elf?

OK first picture.. http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg
I almost drowned in her blue eyes.. and the hair looks like golden rye.

Second picture.. http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg the hair looks like silk.. the eyes - again.. entrancing.. purplish elf theme, not bad, but that nose is not enough to sustain life. too small.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another of her drawing styles.

spawnotherfriend.jpg
 
Evo said:
Another of her drawing styles.

spawnotherfriend.jpg

I just realized that those are based on real people.. Is that you?
 
cronxeh said:
I just realized that those are based on real people.. Is that you?
Nope.
 
Evo said:
Nope.

Moar pics!

I says.. Art just like beauty is meant to be admired, displayed and shared with the world, and not locked away in a safe or a dungeon.
 
cronxeh said:
Moar pics!
I'll get more tomorrow. Glad you like them. I like her cute monsters.
 
So not only is your daughter amazingly beautiful she's an artist to boot!

I love computer art :smile: I took a few courses in high school and did it as a hobby I could never do portraits though manly did abstract things or spacescapes etc.. Simple. :wink:

These are amazing though, does she use a tablet?
 
I would love to see some more!

So is she a professional artist?
 
Evo said:
Another of her drawing styles.

spawnotherfriend.jpg

the other friend is Linda Ronstadt ?
 
Proton Soup said:
the other friend is Linda Ronstadt ?

I was thinking Katy Perry actually, lol.
 
Its kind of funny I've never seen Katy Perry's picture before.. She is actually quite beautiful.
 
I just call them spawn friends, they don't have names, I have no idea who they are. Thanks cronxeh, nice to see the comparison.

Wait until you see the bat.
 
Evo said:
I just call them spawn friends, they don't have names, I have no idea who they are. Thanks cronxeh, nice to see the comparison.

Wait until you see the bat.

I still want to know who the smurf and the golden rye hair girl are based on!
 
cronxeh said:
Its kind of funny I've never seen Katy Perry's picture before.. She is actually quite beautiful.

As soon as I saw it I thought Katy Perry, but I read the name of the file and it said 'other friend' so I didn't bother asking :-p. And yes I would agree Katy Perry is extremely beautiful... oh the things I would do to her.

Don't want to sidetrack Evos thread though. Or maybe get banned and possibly hunted down by police.
 
zomgwtf said:
As soon as I saw it I thought Katy Perry, but I read the name of the file and it said 'other friend' so I didn't bother asking :-p. And yes I would agree Katy Perry is extremely beautiful... oh the things I would do to her.

Don't want to sidetrack Evos thread though. Or maybe get banned and possibly hunted down by police.

Yea that was a little.. desperate. I mean sure I'd take out Katy Perry for a few martinis and then watch her kiss another girl. It could be fun. I don't think she would go for me though :biggrin:

Although.. gasp.. our birthdays are 3 days apart! Oooh how do I contact her agent? Must. get. martinis.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
zomgwtf said:
I was thinking Katy Perry actually, lol.

heh, that'll work. and i see it does. damn generation gap.
 
Stands up well as professional book cover illustrations.