1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is numerical analysis interesting?

1. Jan 15, 2009 #1
    I am picking courses for next semester and am torn between a numerical analysis class or one on Fourier series and wavelets. The n.a. course fits my schedule way better but every book and syllabus I have browsed concerning numerical analysis has seemed uninteresting--more like a branch of CS than pure math. Just wondering if anyone had an opposing viewpoint. Thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2009 #2

Gold Member

I found NA interesting, I even learned to program a very bit in Fortran.
    Interpolation was nice and many other stuff... but when it comes to matrices I didn't like it anymore. Overall that was a nice experience for me at least. And yes, interesting.
  4. Jan 15, 2009 #3
    If you have an interest in CS then you will probably find it interesting. However, numerical analysis is also extremely useful. It is used in virtually every technical field.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?