1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is the B.Sc. Physics offered Chennai Mathematical Institute reputed?

1. Mar 2, 2013 #1
    Hi,

I hail from Chennai, India.

1. I would like to know if the B.Sc Physics(Hons.) course offered by the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) is a reputed one.

2. What university is CMI affiliated to?

3. I read that the course span is 3 years. Can I pursue my Masters abroad after a 3 year course?

4. How hard is it to get into CMI ??

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2013 #2

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Is the B.Sc. Physics offered Chennai Mathematical Institute repute

CMI is a nice place. I spent several weeks there as a summer visiting student studying with string theorist K Narayan when I was an undergraduate.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Mar 2, 2013 #3

Thanks for sharing your view...

5. Mar 2, 2013 #4

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

And yes you can certainly go abroad after doing a BSc there.

"Students who have graduated from CMI have pursued higher studies at the most prestigious institutions around the world: Caltech, Chicago, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Princeton, Rutgers and Yale in USA, the Ecole Normale Superieure, the Ecole Polytechnique, the University of Paris-Sud and the University of Bordeaux in France, the Max Planck Institutes in Saarbruecken and Bonn in Germany, ETH in Zurich, not to mention CMI, IMSc, HRI, TIFR, IITs, ISI and other institutions in India."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook