Is the B.Sc. Physics offered Chennai Mathematical Institute reputed?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
ananth94
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I hail from Chennai, India.

1. I would like to know if the B.Sc Physics(Hons.) course offered by the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) is a reputed one.

2. What university is CMI affiliated to?

3. I read that the course span is 3 years. Can I pursue my Masters abroad after a 3 year course?

4. How hard is it to get into CMI ??

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


CMI is a nice place. I spent several weeks there as a summer visiting student studying with string theorist K Narayan when I was an undergraduate.
 
Last edited:


And yes you can certainly go abroad after doing a BSc there.

"Students who have graduated from CMI have pursued higher studies at the most prestigious institutions around the world: Caltech, Chicago, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Princeton, Rutgers and Yale in USA, the Ecole Normale Superieure, the Ecole Polytechnique, the University of Paris-Sud and the University of Bordeaux in France, the Max Planck Institutes in Saarbruecken and Bonn in Germany, ETH in Zurich, not to mention CMI, IMSc, HRI, TIFR, IITs, ISI and other institutions in India."