Is the equation(s) in this photo legitimate?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter aziluth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
aziluth
I am an undergraduate student beginning my journey to be a physicist. On that basis, things like this intrigue me even though I can't read it. Is the equation(s) in this photo legitimate? If so, what do they mean?

If you are unfamiliar with this man, he is currently in prison for barraging a theater crowd with automatic weapon fire during the premier of the movie, The Dark Knight. Later, after being arrested, he was sent to court where he claimed to not understand why he was there facing murder charges.
 

Attachments

  • 386953_417331694999575_1891926259_n.jpg
    386953_417331694999575_1891926259_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 577
Mathematics news on Phys.org
aziluth said:
I am an undergraduate student beginning my journey to be a physicist. On that basis, things like this intrigue me even though I can't read it. Is the equation(s) in this photo legitimate? If so, what do they mean?

If you are unfamiliar with this man, he is currently in prison for barraging a theater crowd with automatic weapon fire during the premier of the movie, The Dark Knight. Later, after being arrested, he was sent to court where he claimed to not understand why he was there facing murder charges.
So someone just made this up and posted the guys picture?
 
Evo said:
So someone just made this up and posted the guys picture?


Yes, as far as I know.
 
The first line is the 1 dimensional wave equation followed by one of its solution, namely the electrical part of a plane wave.
In the middle there seem to be a bit of special relativity related equations and as Astronuc said the last part the equations are quantum mechanics related (Schrödinger's).