Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is the equation(s) in this photo legitimate?

1. Oct 30, 2012 #1
    I am an undergraduate student beginning my journey to be a physicist. On that basis, things like this intrigue me even though I cant read it. Is the equation(s) in this photo legitimate? If so, what do they mean?

If you are unfamiliar with this man, he is currently in prison for barraging a theater crowd with automatic weapon fire during the premier of the movie, The Dark Knight. Later, after being arrested, he was sent to court where he claimed to not understand why he was there facing murder charges.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2012 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

So someone just made this up and posted the guys picture?

4. Oct 30, 2012 #3

Yes, as far as I know.

5. Oct 30, 2012 #4

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

6. Oct 30, 2012 #5

fluidistic

Gold Member

The first line is the 1 dimensional wave equation followed by one of its solution, namely the electrical part of a plane wave.
    In the middle there seem to be a bit of special relativity related equations and as Astronuc said the last part the equations are quantum mechanics related (Schrödinger's).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook