Is the HP-12C the Most Expensive RPN Calculator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ffleming7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Notation Reverse
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
ffleming7
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Is HP the only company that sells calculators with RPN?
Why is the HP-12C so expensive? It doesn't look expensive.
I was wondering if it was possible to get a small pocket calculator that used RPN that wasn't too expensive?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The 12C is pricey because it is small and easy to use if you like RPN. There was also a comparable scientific (not financial) version of this calculator that was just as compact and was very handy. I think it was the 15C, but don't hold me to that. It's been about 20 years.
 
It was the 15C, but they don't make these anymore, and that was why I was wondering if I could still get a relatively cheap RPN calculator. I have recently learned about RPN and the HP-15C on the Cosmic Variance blog. RPN sounded amazing and so did the HP-15C, and now I want an RPN calculator.
 
I see the 12C listed for less then $100, for a high capability calculator that is not expensive.

There is a HP10b financial, which should be RPN, for ~$40. This can only be shipped in the US, so that may be a problem for you.