Is There a Way to Recover Data from a Corrupted PSD File in Photoshop CS4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hasommars
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    File
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
hasommars
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi , I am a matte painter and I am facing a problem concerning photoshop . i was working on a psd. file and after finishing my work i press ctrl+s to save it but unfortunately in the middle of the saving process the c.p.u. has been turned off because of the u.p.s fault after restarting the system ,i try to open my same psd file but i got an error msg. ( could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop). I am using photoshop cs4. Please let me know if there is any possibility to get my data back .even as jpeg file.. i worked so hard on that project. Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, hasommars.

Googling on the phrase "How to recover a psd file" shows plenty of links. From what I've read if you don't have auto-save set up, you're probably not going to be able to recover with older versions of photoshop.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Try soft type http://www.fixya.com/support/t25599066-psd_viewer_soft
but in most cases nothing will not help myself I practice different stages of preservation work in different documents, so if I can file damage at least continue to work with the earlier phase, but not from the outset.