Is there any charge(cost) for subscribing a thread?

• Thread starter Rohit Mallya
  • Start date
In summary: :)Thanks, guys. It's already set to 'do not subscribe'. I'll switch it to 'no e-mail notifications' and see what happens.If your ISP is charging you, you can go to the User Control page (click "My PF"), click "Edit Options", and choose "No email notification" …Thanks, guys. It's already set to 'do not subscribe'. I'll switch it to 'no e-mail notifications' and see what happens.
Rohit Mallya
is there any charge(cost) for subscribing a thread??
Please I'm really worried...!:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
No, and we don't know who you are, or how we would charge you if there was.

Subscribing is possibly a slightly bad choice for the term.

What is the warning...??

What warning?

All subscription does is email you when somebody posts to the thread, o you mean your ISP charges for email?

You can also check all the threads you have posted in my clicking "My Pf"

lol.. i bet he meant for "warning" in your signature mgb. You scared him;)

Speaking of your signature mgb, you really should punctuate that. Right now it's ambiguous; and it has bugged me since I first read it.

ank_gl said:
lol.. i bet he meant for "warning" in your signature mgb. You scared him;)

:rofl:

but I really like the signature of mgb

What about ISP charges for email?

Rohit Mallya said:
is there any charge(cost) for subscribing a thread??
Please I'm really worried...!:cry:
No, we do not charge. It merely means that you will be alerted when someone posts to the thread.

Since the subject has arisen, what might be causing spontaneous subscriptions? I've never subscribed to any thread, but every once in a while I start getting tons of e-mails reporting that someone has posted. Then I have to go into my control panel and unsubscribe to a bunch of threads. They're always threads that I have posted in, rather than just random ones, but I don't want the notifications.
I don't care much, since it's only a minor nuisance, but I'm curious.

Danger said:
Since the subject has arisen, what might be causing spontaneous subscriptions? I've never subscribed to any thread, but every once in a while I start getting tons of e-mails reporting that someone has posted. Then I have to go into my control panel and unsubscribe to a bunch of threads. They're always threads that I have posted in, rather than just random ones, but I don't want the notifications.
I don't care much, since it's only a minor nuisance, but I'm curious.

Edit options >>Messaging & Notification >>Default Thread Subscription Mode >>Default Thread Subscription Mode
then choose "Do not subscribe".Otherwise it automatically add threads you post in , to your subscribtion list!:smile:

Or you can just disable the email notifications.

Thanks, guys. It's already set to 'do not subscribe'. I'll switch it to 'no e-mail notifications' and see what happens.

Rohit Mallya said:
What about ISP charges for email?

Hi Rohit! :smile:

If your ISP is charging you, you can go to the User Control page (click "My PF"), click "Edit Options", and choose "No email notification" …

you'll still be subscribed to all your threads, so you can easily check them all at once by clicking on "Subscribed Threads" in the "Quick Liinks" menu on the toolbar. :smile:

Also, either dump your ISP, or get a free mail service like Hotmail, GMail, or even Yahoo. Being charged per e-mail is ridiculous. Then again, your bandwidth probably isn't cheap, either.

1. Is there a fee for subscribing to a thread?

No, there is no charge for subscribing to a thread on most platforms or websites.

2. Are there any hidden costs for subscribing to a thread?

No, there are typically no hidden costs associated with subscribing to a thread. However, some platforms may have premium subscription options that come at a cost.

3. Will I be charged for unsubscribing from a thread?

No, you will not be charged for unsubscribing from a thread. It is a free and simple process on most platforms.

4. Are there any limitations on the number of threads I can subscribe to?

It depends on the platform or website. Some may have a limit on the number of threads you can subscribe to, while others may not have any limitations.

5. Do I have to pay to receive notifications for subscribed threads?

No, receiving notifications for subscribed threads is usually a free feature on most platforms and websites.