• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Is there any energy involved in the formation of mixture?

  • Thread starter topsyturvy
  • Start date
  • #1
22
0
:confused:
1.) Is it possible for the number of neutrons and the number of protons
to be equal?

2.) Is it possible for the mass number(nucleon number) and atomic number(proton number) of an atom to be equal?

3.) Is there any energy invovled in the formation of mixture?

4.) does Mixture has properties that are entirely different from those of its
individual components?

can anybody help ?
thanks lotsa. :smile:
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
9,622
6
Hi there topsyturvy and welcome to PF,
topsyturvy said:
:confused:
1.) Is it possible for the number of neutrons and the number of protons
to be equal?
Yes, infact many of the elements have equal numbers of protons and neutrons. HINT: Look for elements with even nucelon numbers.
topsyturvy said:
2.) Is it possible for the mass number(nucleon number) and atomic number(proton number) of an atom to be equal?
Yes, look at hydrogen
topsyturvy said:
3.) Is there any energy invovled in the formation of mixture?
Yes, think intermolecular forces (potential energy)
topsyturvy said:
4.) does Mixture has properties that are entirely different from those of its
individual components?
Depends, I'm not sure what you mean, perhaps you could give an example.

P.s. These look like homework questions to me. If this is the case could you please post them in the homework section in future, thank you.
 
Last edited:

Related Threads for: Is there any energy involved in the formation of mixture?

  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
Replies
4
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
5K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
8K
Replies
1
Views
2K
Replies
4
Views
622
Replies
0
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
3K
Top