1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this Spring Schedule Too Difficult?

1. Nov 10, 2014 #1

sheldonrocks97

Gold Member

Hello everyone,

I am currently picking my classes for spring semester. This is currently my second semester at university and I am a dual major of EE and Math.

Here is my schedule:

ES 332-02 3 Electrical Engineering (Essentially Circuits I)

ENGL 311-01 3 Creative Writing

MATH 352-01 3 Basic Concepts of Math

MATH 382-01 3 Probability and Statistics

MATH 382L-01 1 Probability and Statistics Lab

MENG 189-01 1 Robotics

Total: 14 Credit Hours

I know I have a couple of challenging classes so I was wondering if all of this is too much to handle. If you have any questions let me know and I will answer them.

Thanks!,

Austin

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2014 #2
    That looks like normal. If anything 14 credits is on the lower end. Do you have any more easy general ed to get out of the way?

4. Nov 12, 2014 #3

sheldonrocks97

Gold Member

Nope. However, I've decided not to take circuits next semester due to it being geared toward non majors. I now have decided to take a Materials Engineering class as a mandatory engineering elective. That bumps me up to 15 credits.

5. Nov 13, 2014 #4
    At my university this semester, I am taking courses worth 19.5 credits.

PHY 205 Statistical Mechanics
    PHY 408 Advanced Quantum Mechanics
    PHY 307 Physics Lab III

CSE 220 Data Structures
    CSE 321 Operating Systems
    CSE 330 Numerical Methods
    CSE 340 Computer Architecture

That sounds like a lot, but it's manageable if you're willing to burn the midnight oil four times a week. :)

6. Nov 13, 2014 #5
    Wow, nice. And I thought I was taking a tough load:

Quantum mechanics (second sem of pchem)
    Probability and statistics (theory) - graduate level, I don't know if this will make the class more difficult.
    Process analytical chemistry
    introduction to material science
    Polymers

For a total of 16... I took the first semester of pchem this semester, which was basically statistical mechanics/thermodynamics viewed at the molecular level.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook