Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this true about education certificates ?

  1. Jun 23, 2011 #1
    is it true that you can have bachelor in (for example) Quantum Mechanics, and then have the M.A and Ph.D in Quantum Physics ? so later you will be able to choose a job that concerns either of what you have studied, in other words, you will be able to either have a job in the Quantum Mechanics field or the Quantum physics field, or even both of them at the same time
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2011 #2
    I've never heard of any bachelor degree specifically in Quantum Mechanics. I'm fairly sure there are none.

    Normally you get your bachelor in Physics and you will most likely have some QM courses along the way (part of your degree). A physics degree is also well qualified if you wish to further study QM in grad school and you can certainly land a research position (working in your field of choice).
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook