Is Tibet an independent country?

  • Thread starter Thread starter heartless
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Independent
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
heartless
Messages
220
Reaction score
2
Just like above, is it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's part of china, hence the 'free tibet' movement.
 
Thanks Cyrus.
That's what my movie says. I'm watching "Tibet, Cry of the snow lion"
I'm not sure how old it is, so it could be that Tibet has gotten its independence ever since.
Has Anyone watched it? Good documentary movie. 'd like to watch?
 
http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/717951000576IE.html was also an interesting movie about Tibet. Since the Dalai Lama has not yet returned to Tibet, I gather it is still under control of mainland China.
 
Tibet is not independent. It is administrated by China, but Tibetans like to say they are independent.
 
http://www.freetibet.org/info/facts/fact1.html
China's invasion by 40,000 troops in 1950 was an act of unprovoked aggression. There is no generally accepted legal basis for China's claim of sovereignty.
There's loads of info on that site.