Is Undergraduate Research Crucial for Aspiring Physicists?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
andreaandreaa
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
hello everyone,
How much important is doing undergraduate research during summer ? I'm a physics student of the second year, and next summer I could ask for doing research at LIGO or SURF. I'd like to ask you: Is this highly evaluated in the curriculum ? Is it important for my future work as a phisicyst ? Thank you for all your answers,
Andrea
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, of course. Especially, if you want to continue your study later. You will gain experience in scientific research field. If you want to work as a researcher or scientist it will help you to work independently in future.
 
Do it. I did my SURF last summer and I can already add two papers on my CV.
 
Could you tell something about your experience ? How it worked ?