Italian seismologists convicted of multiple manslaughter.

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Multiple
In summary, the scientists were found guilty of failing to warn of an earthquake and were sentenced to six years in prison. This is an injustice and the scientists should be released.
arildno said:
Borek will hunt you on that comment..
The only Pole of marginal world historical significance (apart from J.S.), and you call him..Italian??
Dear me, you have it coming..

I didn't know Galileo was a Pole. Maybe I'm wrong about Italians then. Although I did grow up in a town that was 80% Italian. Much of what I know was learned there.

Physics news on Phys.org
Antiphon said:
...Italian culture. The home of Galileo and Copernicus.

Antiphon said:
I didn't know Galileo was a Pole. Maybe I'm wrong about Italians then. Although I did grow up in a town that was 80% Italian. Much of what I know was learned there.

You are jesting, aren't you? I hope Borek recovers eventually. :tongue:

Really maybe check out a little bit of history.

Galileo italian

Copernicus Polish

Antiphon said:
I didn't know Galileo was a Pole.

He wasn't. Hence, poland isn't a very important country.

arildno said:
He wasn't. Hence, poland isn't a very important country.

Apparently you think you have too many old churches left.

Borek said:
Apparently you think you have too many old churches left.
Nice one!
:biggrin:

zonde said:
This of course doesn't explain why the judge gave the same years for scientists. Maybe because they agreed to such a "media move"? Or there is something more. Who knows. There should be more information when the text of full motivation will be available.

Actually, they didn't agree. For the most part, they were unwitting dupes dragged to the conference so they could stand near the government officials making statements. Their only purpose was to lend credibility to the government officials by their proximity.

But, I guess by their silence, they did make the government officials' statements more believable.