It's a toilet cleaner and a toothbrush

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Sonic is advertising their toothbrush as a bathroom cleaner, but it's not realistic and the people in the ads are idiots. The Magic Bullet ad is hillarious because the people are amazed that the guy just crushed ice.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
How long until someone gets their toilet cleaner confused with their toothbrush?
http://www.sonicscrubbertvoffer.com/

:rofl: These guys kill me! Now why didn't I think of selling toothbrushes as bathroom cleaners?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
After all those years of wondering where the term 'potty mouth' came from... :rolleyes:

I love that background music :smile:

WOW...yeah just wait...I'm sure there's someone out there stupid enough to mix the two up.

My aunt once brushed her teeth with her husband's shaving cream. It came in a tube, she grabbed it, put it on her toothbrush, it definitely woke her up. :biggrin:

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone has ever grabbed the Ben Gay instead of the Preparation H...

Danger said:
Hmmm... I wonder if anyone has ever grabbed the Ben Gay instead of the Preparation H...
Yeeesh, either one of those in the mouth would be fun. :rofl:

Actually, I have a habit of buying many different colors of toothbrushes for this very reason. I have always used toothbrushes for cleaning in cracks and crevices, but yeah, you don't want to get confused which is which, so buying them in different colors avoids this mistake (or just storing them in different places).

I've accidentally put soap on my toothbrush, but that's about it. I'm not coming anywhere near a sonic brush that's been on my toilet!

Ivan Seeking said:
How long until someone gets their toilet cleaner confused with their toothbrush?
http://www.sonicscrubbertvoffer.com/

:rofl: These guys kill me! Now why didn't I think of selling toothbrushes as bathroom cleaners?

Well, shoot - if it cleans my teeth as well it does the bathroom tile then all the better. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used teethbrushes to clean my boots. And sometimes I use teethpicks as utensils.

The thing I personally love about these ads is the fact when they show someone using the toothbrush. All of the colors have been faded to grey, the toothbrush is old, the person is upset. All of it is completely unrealistic. My personal favorite though, is the Magic Bullet. Has anyone seen the Magic Bullet ads one tv as well? It's just hillarious.

Stevedye56 said:
The thing I personally love about these ads is the fact when they show someone using the toothbrush. All of the colors have been faded to grey, the toothbrush is old, the person is upset.
Sort of like the knife commercials where they hand someone a "typical" knife, and they proceed to squash an over-ripe tomato with their hand as they try to push through it with the knife, and then the person using the brand being sold ever so gently saws through a probably much less ripe tomato with the greatest of ease. :rofl: Use the same technique and same quality tomato with both knives and there wouldn't be any difference.

All of it is completely unrealistic. My personal favorite though, is the Magic Bullet. Has anyone seen the Magic Bullet ads one tv as well? It's just hillarious.

:rofl: Yep...in ONE...TWO...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...seconds, you have... Those are the longest three seconds I've ever seen anyone count. :rofl: I always laugh at the weird lady in the 1950s glasses and housecoat with the unlit cigarette hanging from her mouth that they have as one of the characters in that infomercial. It makes me wonder what demographic they're targeting with that ad. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Sort of like the knife commercials where they hand someone a "typical" knife, and they proceed to squash an over-ripe tomato with their hand as they try to push through it with the knife, and then the person using the brand being sold ever so gently saws through a probably much less ripe tomato with the greatest of ease. :rofl: Use the same technique and same quality tomato with both knives and there wouldn't be any difference.

:rofl: Yep...in ONE...TWO...THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...seconds, you have... Those are the longest three seconds I've ever seen anyone count. :rofl: I always laugh at the weird lady in the 1950s glasses and housecoat with the unlit cigarette hanging from her mouth that they have as one of the characters in that infomercial. It makes me wonder what demographic they're targeting with that ad. :rofl:

HAHA YES! They do 1/4 second then 1/2 second then the last second makes up for all of them! I mean no offense to anyone who Is English, but why are the people who run these infomercials always English?!

The Sonic Blade is an excelant example of the one where they squash the sandwish. They rock the knife back and forth and flatten the sandwich! Also I love how the people who are watching in the Magic Bullet are complete idiots and are amazed that the guy just crushed ice!

Huckleberry said:
I've used teethbrushes to clean my boots. And sometimes I use teethpicks as utensils.
At least it usually picks up enough shoe polish not to be confused with a teeth toothbrush.

I notice I tend to accumulate toothbrushes in my toolbox ... plus sometimes leave them laying out where ever I used them. And, then, of course, some helpful individual puts them back where they 'belong'. Never use a toothbrush in my house unless you're absolutely sure it's yours. Otherwise, you never know what it's going to taste like.

BobG said:
And, then, of course, some helpful individual puts them back where they 'belong'. Never use a toothbrush in my house unless you're absolutely sure it's yours. Otherwise, you never know what it's going to taste like.

:rofl: Helpful neat freaks are so annoying. :rofl:

1. What are the main ingredients in this product?

The main ingredients in this product are a combination of cleaning agents and abrasive materials. This includes bleach, citric acid, and baking soda, which work together to remove stains and bacteria from both toilets and toothbrushes.

2. Is this product safe to use on both toilets and toothbrushes?

Yes, this product is specifically designed to be used on both toilets and toothbrushes. The ingredients are safe and effective for both surfaces, providing a thorough clean without damaging the materials.

3. How often should I use this product?

We recommend using this product at least once a week for optimal results. However, you can also use it more frequently if needed, especially on heavily used toilets and toothbrushes.

4. Can this product remove tough stains and buildup?

Yes, this product is formulated to tackle tough stains and buildup on both toilets and toothbrushes. With regular use, it can effectively remove stains, bacteria, and other buildup, leaving both surfaces clean and sanitized.

5. How can I ensure proper hygiene when using this product?

To maintain proper hygiene, we recommend rinsing your toothbrush thoroughly after each use and replacing it every 3-4 months. Additionally, it's important to regularly clean and sanitize your toilet with this product to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria.