Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

It's a toilet cleaner and a toothbrush

1. May 28, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How long until someone gets their toilet cleaner confused with their toothbrush?
    http://www.sonicscrubbertvoffer.com/

:rofl: These guys kill me!!! Now why didn't I think of selling toothbrushes as bathroom cleaners?

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2007 #2

Danger

Gold Member

After all those years of wondering where the term 'potty mouth' came from... :rolleyes:

4. May 28, 2007 #3
    I love that background music :smile:

5. May 28, 2007 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

WOW..........yeah just wait..........I'm sure there's someone out there stupid enough to mix the two up.

6. May 28, 2007 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

My aunt once brushed her teeth with her husband's shaving cream. It came in a tube, she grabbed it, put it on her toothbrush, it definitely woke her up. :biggrin:

7. May 28, 2007 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone has ever grabbed the Ben Gay instead of the Preparation H... :surprised

8. May 28, 2007 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yeeesh, either one of those in the mouth would be fun. :rofl:

9. May 28, 2007 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, I have a habit of buying many different colors of toothbrushes for this very reason. I have always used toothbrushes for cleaning in cracks and crevices, but yeah, you don't want to get confused which is which, so buying them in different colors avoids this mistake (or just storing them in different places).

10. May 28, 2007 #9
    I've accidentally put soap on my toothbrush, but that's about it. I'm not coming anywhere near a sonic brush that's been on my toilet!

11. May 29, 2007 #10

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well, shoot - if it cleans my teeth as well it does the bathroom tile then all the better. :biggrin:

12. May 29, 2007 #11
    I've used teethbrushes to clean my boots. And sometimes I use teethpicks as utensils.

13. May 29, 2007 #12
    The thing I personally love about these ads is the fact when they show someone using the toothbrush. All of the colors have been faded to grey, the toothbrush is old, the person is upset. All of it is completely unrealistic. My personal favorite though, is the Magic Bullet. Has anyone seen the Magic Bullet ads one tv as well? It's just hillarious.

14. May 29, 2007 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sort of like the knife commercials where they hand someone a "typical" knife, and they proceed to squash an over-ripe tomato with their hand as they try to push through it with the knife, and then the person using the brand being sold ever so gently saws through a probably much less ripe tomato with the greatest of ease. :rofl: Use the same technique and same quality tomato with both knives and there wouldn't be any difference.

:rofl: Yep...in ONE........TWO.........THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........seconds, you have... Those are the longest three seconds I've ever seen anyone count. :rofl: I always laugh at the weird lady in the 1950s glasses and housecoat with the unlit cigarette hanging from her mouth that they have as one of the characters in that infomercial. It makes me wonder what demographic they're targeting with that ad. :rofl:

15. May 29, 2007 #14
  16. May 29, 2007 #15

HAHA YES! They do 1/4 second then 1/2 second then the last second makes up for all of them! I mean no offense to anyone who Is English, but why are the people who run these infomercials always English?!

The Sonic Blade is an excelant example of the one where they squash the sandwish. They rock the knife back and forth and flatten the sandwich! Also I love how the people who are watching in the Magic Bullet are complete idiots and are amazed that the guy just crushed ice!

17. May 30, 2007 #16

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

At least it usually picks up enough shoe polish not to be confused with a teeth toothbrush.

I notice I tend to accumulate toothbrushes in my toolbox ... plus sometimes leave them laying out where ever I used them. And, then, of course, some helpful individual puts them back where they 'belong'. Never use a toothbrush in my house unless you're absolutely sure it's yours. Otherwise, you never know what it's going to taste like.

18. May 30, 2007 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Helpful neat freaks are so annoying. :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?