Skew scattering and its proportional behaviour to conductivity

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hallo guys,

Im kinda confused about something and hope you can help me. Let me introduce you to it.

we take a look on one Mechanismen to the spin hall effect, skew scattering effect. i just read that you can see this contribution only in the clean Limit. So thats really strange for me cause the skew scattering should be stronger if you have more impurities, so why it is stronger if you have a cleaner material?

That whole Argumentation is based on the Thing that the skew scattering is proportional to the so called Momentum Relaxation time. Thats the Point which doesnt make sense to me because the time tells you Long it will take when an electron will get scatter. For skew scattering it should be invers proportional to it cause if your electrons Momentum Relaxation time is Shorter, you get more scattering. And therefore more contribution to a spin current.

You can read it in several papers, especially in Hoffmann-2013-Spin hall effect in Metals. I really have no physical Picture why the skew scattering mechanism is behave like that but maybe you.
Ist also the same strange Thing with the intrinsic contribution which is strong in the unclean Regime of an regarded material. Why isnt here the skew scattering the stronger one?

Answers and Replies

Does nobody can help me with that?

There are some things that could help your chances of getting a response. First, try to improve your grammar and punctuation. Second, you could put up any equations or variables you are talking about using LaTeX. Third, upload the paper with a reference to the equation number or figure or whatever. In essence, make it easier for people to help you.