It's so nice to have friends here

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
Interesting, where are you from? Michigan, New York, Ohio?

turbo

Gold Member
Maine. Just a short shot up the St. Lawrence Seaway. When I visited clients in NY, I'd often cross into Canada and drop in at Thousand Islands. Saved me a lot of driving-time.

OmCheeto

Gold Member
I really wish I could meet some of the PF members in person.

Hell, I probably HAVE, I just don't know it.
I've met three. It's much over-rated. They are either way taller, way shorter, or, way more something else than you expected.

Then there's the gift exchange thing........

Tsu got a 6 week old postcard that had been in my pocket for what seemed like 12 months, and I got vintage, 80 year old mint postcard from...

Well, let's just say, I owe her a few of my finest vintage postcards......

:redface:

Dembadon

Gold Member
I agree, turbo. :smile:

Evo

Mentor
I've met many people in real life that I found on the internet and they were exactly the same in person as they were online. But then I am an incredibly good judge of people.

turbo

Gold Member
I've met many people in real life that I found on the internet and they were exactly the same in person as they were online. But then I am an incredibly good judge of people.
I have had very good luck in that regard, too. Years back, I made friends with a fellow amp-geek that had an idea for a new 2x10 guitar combo. Another internet-friend from CA happened to go to NJ and meet up with him, and he was raving about the sound of the prototype. I spent hours on the phone with him explaining what I wanted in an amp. The production model (I have serial #2) was/is fantastic, and the amp got very good reviews in Guitar Player magazine. I played a semi-hollow guitar through it with no effects pedals at an annual biker-bash, and bikers that I hadn't seen for a year were coming up to me and asking what I was doing that was different. That alone was remarkable.

I had one of the other guitarists play my equipment while I took a beer-break, and I could see what the big deal was. Outdoor amp tone without a stand-alone sound-board and reinforcement can be tough. That little amp nailed it.

He and his wife and their two little girls came to visit us on their vacations two years in a row, and we had a great time. Great people!

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It is nice to have your friendship, turbo. Give your pup a pat for me.

turbo

Gold Member
It is nice to have your friendship, turbo. Give your pup a pat for me.
Duke says "woof!".

And thanks. It's nice to have friends - even remote friends.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving