IVF Success at Age 42-43: Personal Experiences and Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlcd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Age
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jlcd
Messages
274
Reaction score
7
Any woman here (or know someone who does) who had ivf (In Vitro Fertilization) done between age 42 to 43? How was it?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
jlcd said:
Any woman here (or know someone who does) who had ivf (In Vitro Fertilization) done between age 42 to 43? How was it?

I looked on Google to see what sort of stats and issues there are, my sister had her child at 41 though not via IVF.
IVF would have been the next option had previous treatment not worked and I remember looking into it for her.
Being pregnant at 41 was no issue as she was in decent shape.
You can get IVF on the NHS in the UK and the age limit is 42, higher in other countries.

In terms of stats and I will let you peruse this article so you are aware of success rates.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25934599
A personal account I found

https://adiahealth.com/my-ivf-journey/
And this in the NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/well/the-misleading-promise-of-ivf-for-women-over-40.html
Of course the best place to start is with your GP and your partner to see what your options are.
Good luck.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara