Jobless NYC woman sues college for $70K in tuition

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    College
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
This has to rank up there with the most ridiculous lawsuits. She paid $70,000 for a degree in IT? Why didn't she go to a vocational school?

Now that her name is public, I'm sure potential employers will be dying to hire someone that would file a frivolous lawsuit. :rolleyes:

NEW YORK — A New York City woman who says she can't find a job is suing the college where she earned a bachelor's degree.

Trina Thompson filed a lawsuit last week against Monroe College in Bronx Supreme Court. The 27-year-old is seeking the $70,000 she spent on tuition.

Thompson says she's been unable to find gainful employment since she received her information technology degree in April.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hOd5SMu_c48SwH6dYreQ4Cf7JNTQD99R312G0
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ever since I graduated, I've been working like a dog. Maybe I can sue for that.
 
I don't like studying. I'm suing for emotional distress and lost wages.
 
Lol that's hilarious i was wondering if this type of lawsuit had ever been filed just the other day actually. looks as if it has been.
 
Sorry! said:
i was wondering if this type of lawsuit had ever been filed just the other day actually. looks as if it has been.
It use to be a joke about Harvard law school's final exam - for extra credit, sue and get back your tuition.
 
Last edited: