1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Junior in high school interested in Physics

1. Jan 13, 2007 #1
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently a Junior in high school, and i want to go to school for physics when i graduate. I'm planning my classes for next year, the ones that are of concern to what i intend to major in are: AP Calculus BC, AP Physics 1,2 (mechanics (1) and electricity and magnetism (2)). I'm also thinking about taking an AP Statistics course, i'm just wondering whether or not i'll ever use that stuff in physics. I would assume i would (in perhaps quantum mechanics in college considering it predicts the chances an event will happen.)

Thanks for any help you can give!

Cheers!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2007 #2
    I'm not a physics major but an engineering/science and I was never given any stats courses in highschool and yet I have to take 2 400 level stats.

So I imgaine you will need to take some form of stats but you might also want to see what AP stats will give you credit for. Maybe it will only give you credit for a 200-300 level stats course, not 400 so make sure you check that out.

4. Jan 13, 2007 #3
    Yeah, the credit doesn't bother me so much, it's more of just having the knowledge there. So i have one yes so far, ha. Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?