Just passed my PhD with no corrections - a big thanks to PhysicsForums

• Thread starter rwooduk
  • Start date
Having taken a 15 year break from academia I returned to do a physics degree. I went straight into the 2nd year of the undergraduate course and the help and advice from PhysicsForums really helped get me through it! I received a Class I degree from a good UK university. Yesterday I passed my viva (chemical engineering) with no corrections, which is apparently is as rare as it gets, so it's all done!

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the members of PhysicsForums for their help and support especially while I was doing my physics degree and for help with some of the other strange (and dumb) questions I've asked whilst on my PhD!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move elsewhere.

berkeman

Mentor
Congrats! You are the one who did the heavy lifting.

I think I see a future SA in the making... :smile:

berkeman

Mentor
BTW, just time to update your Profile page. Just sayin' :wink:

Congrats! You are the one who did the heavy lifting.

I think I see a future SA in the making... :smile:
Thank you! Hmm I can certainly see the appeal! Having constant exposure to the subject over 4 years led to a strong understanding and certainly boosts self confidence when the ability to understand and explain concepts is there. I should imagine that this forum provides an excellent resource for SA's in "keeping sharp"! Resulting in a win-win for everyone involved.

BTW, just time to update your Profile page. Just sayin' :wink:
No idea what this means but I'm sure it's positive lol.

Thanks again!