Kindly name the accessories for bolting this apparatus to the floor

  • Thread starter Thread starter T C
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
T C
Messages
418
Reaction score
11
TL;DR
Given below is a photo of a model power generation system. I just want to know the name of the accessories that are being use to fit it to the ground.
Model.jpg
Given above is a photo of a model power generation system. It's not the machinery that's my concern here. I just want to know the names of the accessories (like rods, screws etc) that are being used to clamp it in position. In fact, I am trying to make a similar kind of model by myself and the basic structuring is complete. Now, I want to know the accessories that are needed to put it in place. I hope there are experienced persons in this forum who have worked with such accessories.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Overall, I would call that the stand.
Components of the stand include tie wraps, long screws, and a couple of L bars. It all rests on one folding table and two small wooden benches.
 
Go to the nearest hardware store, and ask them to show you threaded rods, angle iron, nuts, washers, steel flat stock, and similar stuff. A half hour of touchy feely is worth days of internet interaction.

And yes, "touchy feely" is a real engineering term that applies directly to looking at and handling things to learn about them.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara, gmax137, russ_watters and 1 other person