1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Labelling five-bus system power values

1. Oct 12, 2014 #1
    • Posted without the homework template
    I'm having trouble determining what the values are on my Power Analysis diagrams. I get confused with active power, reactive power, and complex power.
    Can someone take a look at my attachment and tell me if I labeled the values correctly?
    I'm mainly curious as to if my Sg3 value is correct and if I can calculate Qg3 in the way that I have.
    And what does the 15kV, under the 800MVA, mean? How would I use that value when solving the power flow problem with Gauss-Seidel method, Newton-Ralphson method, or fast decouple method? image.jpeg

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 19, 2014 #3

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

How can people check your work when the picture you attached has only part of the problem? Also, see the homework guidelines (https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686788/), especially 5 and 8.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted