1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Language/linguistics forum @ PF?

1. Mar 18, 2007 #1
    Hey allz,

A question regarding languages sparked in my mind while my browser was on PF main page. I just realized that we almost cover every main field of academics here to some extend while languages/linguistics are not here at all.

Do you think its a good idea if we add a forum about these fields?

thx,

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2007 #2
    Yes! Especially in its connection to computer science. Formal languages is an interesting subject. So is the study of natural languages. I vote for a forum on linguistics for whatever that is worth.

4. Mar 18, 2007 #3
    I come to this forum as a refuge from language... But it would be fun to debate the various parts of grammar on here though.

5. Mar 18, 2007 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not true. Read the subtitle under Social Sciences.

Besides, forums are created only on the basis of a clearly demonstrated need and a sufficient level of participation (among others) under a more general subforum.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  6. Mar 19, 2007 #5
    Thx Gokul43201,

I see. I went there and saw threads about language/linguistics shattered between the main forum and the subforum there.

I think its a good idea if we add a specific subforum there for languages/linguistics. It wil make it easier to spot, and much easier to keep track of the threads.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?