1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laplace transform of sin(ωt – Φ)

1. Aug 13, 2008 #1
    Hi,

I'm doing some preparation work for an upcoming mathematics module at University and I'm going over some Laplace transform questions.

Part of one question asks for the Laplace transform of sin(ωt – Φ) and after looking the transform up I've found the answer to be (ω)cos(Φ) + (s)sin(Φ) / (S^2 + ω^2).

Can anyone please tell me how to get there, because after attempting to transform using the normal method of integrating the function multiplied by e^-st I keep on hitting incorrect anwers.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me out with this - it's driving me crazy!

- Craig.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2008 #2

Defennder

Homework Helper

You should derive the Laplace transforms of sin(wt) and cos(wt), then expand out sin(wt+a) in terms of sin/cos (wt) and then apply the Laplace transform linearly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?