LaTeX is not working for this code when I Preview

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter bugatti79
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential issue with rendering equations using the codecogs website and MathJax extension. The solution is to refresh the page or preview the post as a reply to another thread before posting it.
bugatti79
Not sure how to rectify this. Any ideas?

It looks correct via the codecogs website (https://latex.codecogs.com/eqneditor/editor.php)

\begin{align}
(S \circ R)^{-1} & = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \left< z, x \right> \in S \circ R \right\} \\
& = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< y, z \right> \in S, \left< x, y \right> \in R \right\} \\
&= \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< z, y \right> \in S^{-1}, \left< y, x \right> \in R^{-1} \right\} \\
&= S^{-1} \circ R^{-1}
\end{align}

Physics news on Phys.org
1678361408364.png

Looks correct here too. What are your symptoms ?

$$
\begin{align}
(S \circ R)^{-1} & = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \left< z, x \right> \in S \circ R \right\} \\
& = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< y, z \right> \in S, \left< x, y \right> \in R \right\} \\
&= \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< z, y \right> \in S^{-1}, \left< y, x \right> \in R^{-1} \right\} \\
&= S^{-1} \circ R^{-1}
\end{align}$$

BvU said:
View attachment 323388

Looks correct here too. What are your symptoms ?

$$
\begin{align}
&= S^{-1} \circ R^{-1}
\end{align}$$
It does not render when I use the preview button. I have read a few threads on this. Seems to be a common problem unfortunately.

There is a known issue with preview: the rendering engine has to be started up first. So if that hasn't been done nothing is processed. A refresh usually does the trick, but be careful to have a spare copy at hand if you did a lot of CTRL-Z to pinpoint the problem.

##\ ##

Likes Greg Bernhardt and bugatti79
I think you have to refresh while in preview for the page to notice there's LaTeX and fire up the MathJax extension. It doesn't work in the new thread preview, so my advice there is to preview your post as a reply to another thread (there's a delete option in the menu at the bottom left of your post if you post by accident), then paste into your new thread when you're happy.

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. Why is LaTeX not working for this code when I Preview?

There could be several reasons why your code is not working in the Preview mode. It could be due to a syntax error in your code, missing packages, or conflicts between packages. It is also possible that the Preview mode is not compatible with certain commands or environments in your code.

2. How can I fix the issue of LaTeX not working in Preview?

If your code is not working in Preview, try compiling it instead. This will give you a more detailed error message that can help you identify and fix the issue. You can also try removing any new packages or commands you added to see if they are causing the problem. Additionally, make sure you have the latest version of LaTeX and all necessary packages installed.

3. I am getting an error message when I try to Preview my LaTeX code. What does it mean?

The error message will provide information about the specific issue that is causing your code not to work in Preview. It could be a missing package, a syntax error, or a conflict between packages. Carefully read the error message and try to pinpoint the issue, then make the necessary changes to your code.

4. My code was working in Preview before, but now it's not. What could be the reason?

If your code was working in Preview before, but suddenly stopped working, it is possible that you made changes to your code that caused the error. Check for any recent changes and try reverting them to see if that resolves the issue. It could also be due to an update in your LaTeX distribution or software that is causing compatibility issues.

5. Is there a way to Preview my LaTeX code without encountering any issues?

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to Preview complex or advanced LaTeX code without encountering some issues. However, following best practices such as keeping your code clean and organized, using the latest version of LaTeX, and regularly checking for updates can help minimize the chances of encountering errors in Preview.