LaTeX semilog plot of Standard Model seesaws with TikZ

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
arivero
Gold Member
Messages
3,500
Reaction score
204
As a byproduct of the last slides on Koide, I have done a semilogx plot of the standard model in latex with the tikz and pfgplots packages, and it can be generically useful to everyone. So here is the gist:

https://gist.github.com/arivero/e74ad3848290845de5ca

logmass.jpg


I call this picture the "small seesaw" because you can also put alpha in the other side, from vacuum to tau mass, say, and then it has a very symmetric "seesaw-like" way. Of course, you can also add the "major seesaw", neutrinos and cosmological constant on one side, and GUT and Planck masses in the opposite seat.
 
Attachments
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bapowell
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?
 
Well, by the way, I could also include the big see-saw, from neutrino to mass scale, but I am not sure of which are the numerical values, in GeV, of each element. And at least the infamous equation for [itex]m_\pi^3[/itex] should be included.