Learn Geometry for Physics: Best Books & Resources

In summary: They should have some resources for learning geometry and trigonometry. Additionally, there are many online resources and textbooks available for learning geometry, such as Khan Academy and textbooks from OpenStax. In summary, if you want to learn physics, it is important to have a strong understanding of math, particularly trigonometry. While geometry may not be as crucial, it can still provide a helpful foundation. There are many online resources and textbooks available for learning geometry, such as Khan Academy and OpenStax. However, it is important to not rush into advanced physics without first having a solid understanding of the necessary math concepts.
Stratosphere
I'm trying to leanr physics but i obviously need to know math. I already know algebra and I thought that I should learn geometry( it is my next year math class but i don't want to wait that long)and I want to know if there are any good books online that I could learn it and be able to do more advanced physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Stratosphere said:
I'm trying to leanr physics but i obviously need to know math. I already know algebra and I thought that I should learn geometry( it is my next year math class but i don't want to wait that long)and I want to know if there are any good books online that I could learn it and be able to do more advanced physics.

IMO, trigonometry is more important to learn for physics than geometry. Maybe read tutorials on both if you can -- that will give you a better background for learning non-calculus-based physics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometry

Learning trig (which you'll need some geometry to understand) is probably most important for basic physics and calculus after that (if you havn't taken a second-year algebra couse, that too). It seems like you are trying to move a bit too fast into undergrad-level physics, because you say "advanced physics". Don't be discouraged from learning math on your own but you'll have to start at the bottom like everyone else.

So are there any online books I could download for geometry?

Stratosphere said:
So are there any online books I could download for geometry?

Did you follow the links at the bottom of the wikipedia pages I linked above?

Related to Learn Geometry for Physics: Best Books & Resources

1. What is the importance of learning geometry for physics?

Learning geometry is crucial for understanding physics because it helps build a strong foundation in spatial reasoning and visualizing abstract concepts. Geometry is also heavily used in physics to understand the relationships between distance, angles, and shapes.

2. What are some recommended books for learning geometry for physics?

Some highly recommended books for learning geometry for physics include "Geometry for Dummies" by Mark Ryan, "Geometry: A Comprehensive Course" by Dan Pedoe, and "Geometry and Physics" by Jiri Patera.

3. Are there any online resources for learning geometry for physics?

Yes, there are plenty of online resources for learning geometry for physics. Some great websites include Khan Academy, Brilliant, and Physics Classroom, which offer comprehensive lessons, practice problems, and interactive simulations.

4. How can I apply geometry in physics?

Geometry is used in various fields of physics, such as mechanics, optics, and electromagnetism. It helps in calculating distances, angles, and volumes, as well as understanding geometric concepts like vectors, forces, and motion.

5. Is it necessary to have a strong background in geometry to understand physics?

While a strong background in geometry can be beneficial, it is not necessary to understand physics. However, having a good grasp of basic geometric concepts will make it easier to understand and apply them in physics problems.