I'm old school, I hooked up the TV sound as well as the devices that send video to the TV to my stereo. I'm wondering how common it is for people to have stereos or home theater setups that they can connect along with the TV.
Best Buy has a fairly high turnover rate, and a fairly low percentage of the sales people know that much about the products they sell, and the products themselves change from season to season, adding to the confusion. Just watch out for accessories like cables, Best Buy tends to have a large markup on them.
- - -
About LG 4K TV audio - I bought a 4K OLED TV, the next to lowest model. At least in the case of LG OLED TV's, there's a potential issue with audio delay. DVRs and 4K blu-ray players already delay audio so that it is synced up with the video signal and typical video processing time. The LG TVs add an additional delay. You can go into the settings, and select a setting that let's you adjust the delay, and although the "delay" range is like from -4 to +10, this is an adjustment to the default delay, not the actual delay, so 0 translates into the default delay and -4 is still too much additional delay. I had to choose a third option which disables the audio delay completely. Using Dolby Atmos may also affect the audio delay, but I don't use it, since I'm sending sound from the DVR or 4K player to the stereo in parallel with the video being sent to the TV. If I'm using the stereo, I set the TV audio volume to 0.
- - -
About LG streaming services (NetFlix, YouTube, ...) - apparently the network cards used in LG TVs go out frequently enough that it is a known issue. Using the default fast.com benchmark, when the network card on our LG TV went out, the speed dropped from 25 Mbps to 0.8 Mbps. I checked this after noticing the streaming services stop streaming and had long delays and/or dropped to a low resolution format. I had the card replaced under an extended warranty, as LG's warranty people had me call 3 different service shops, none of which could replace the network card.
My impression is that the 4K blu-ray player's streaming services are better quality than what I get from the LG TV.