Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Limitation of Split-Step Fourier method

1. Aug 22, 2007 #1
    Hi,

I'm using the Split-step Fourier method for programming. I am going to use this method to solve a nonlinear Schrodinger equation with variable coefficients.

But before implement this method in Matlab, I would like to ask if this method always works in all siturations, and in what cases, this method can not be used.

Thanks,
    Lam

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2007 #2
    hi,
    I also want to use split step fourier method to solve gross-pitaevskii equation (nonlinear Schrodinger eq.). as well as I know it is the best method to solve this kind of equations.
    But unfortunately I can't find any algorithm or a source code or something that gives a detailed information about this method. So I don't know how to implement this method.
    Could you recommend me anything (paper, book, web site etc.) about this? Or have you got any written code that you can send me?

Thanks,
    Elif

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?