Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Linear force on lead screw drive

1. Oct 1, 2015 #1
    I have a lead screw drive. The stepper motor puts out 280 oz-in of torque. Its attached to a 1/2 inch dia., .200" pitch, 2 start lead screw. There is a plate that's attached to the screw that moves back and forth along the screw. How much force can that metal plate exert in a linear motion?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2015 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This sounds like homework, have you done any work to try and solve this problem? Even something as simple as an internet search?

4. Oct 1, 2015 #3
    It's not homework. It's for my job. It's a problem we're trying to solve. I've been doing online searches for quite some time now.

5. Oct 1, 2015 #4

JBA

6. Oct 1, 2015 #5
    That is very helpful, thank you. Maybe I was wording it incorrectly when I was searching.

7. Oct 1, 2015 #6

JBA

I understand, just be persistant and imaginative in rewording your searchs. Sometimes, when I search I have to restate my search description several times in order to find what I looking for; and, even that does not reveal information that I am sure is out there somewhere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook