Link White hole and our Universe

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of our universe being the end of a black hole, known as a white hole, and the difficulties in finding research on this theory. The speaker's teacher suggests visiting forums for help, and another person mentions a thread debunking the existence of white holes. They also suggest looking into an article by Lee Smolin on cosmic natural selection.
TheRK
Hello,
I'm currently developing a hypothesis on how our universe could be in fact the end of one black hole; a white hole. I've been having difficulties looking for books or research papers to see if this is in fact just a rip from a larger hypothesis or theory. My teacher had told me to visit forums to see if there is any help out there for this idea that hit me as i was sleeping in her class ha ha. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
google on lee smolin cosmic natural selection. I don't buy it, but is a good place to start.

TheRK said:
Hello,
I'm currently developing a hypothesis on how our universe could be in fact the end of one black hole; a white hole. I've been having difficulties looking for books or research papers to see if this is in fact just a rip from a larger hypothesis or theory. My teacher had told me to visit forums to see if there is any help out there for this idea that hit me as i was sleeping in her class ha ha. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Dont't bother. White holes are nonexistent. They always have been, they always will be. For more information on white holes go to the why white holes do not exist thred in the astrophysics section.

Chronos said:
google on lee smolin cosmic natural selection. I don't buy it, but is a good place to start.

Im not fammilar with that article. What is it about?

1. What is a white hole?

A white hole is a hypothetical celestial object that appears as the opposite of a black hole. While a black hole has a strong gravitational pull, a white hole would have a strong repulsive force, pushing matter away from it.

2. How are white holes linked to our universe?

White holes are linked to our universe through the concept of spacetime. According to the theory of general relativity, spacetime is the fabric of the universe, and white holes are a possible outcome of the warping of spacetime near a singularity, as in the case of a black hole.

3. Can we observe white holes in our universe?

Currently, there is no evidence of the existence of white holes in our universe. They are purely theoretical and have not been observed or detected by any scientific instruments. However, some scientists believe that they may exist in the distant past or future of our universe.

4. How do white holes affect the universe?

The existence of white holes could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe. They could potentially explain the origin of the Big Bang and provide a link between black holes and the expansion of the universe. However, more research and evidence are needed to confirm these theories.

5. Are there any ongoing studies or experiments related to white holes?

Yes, there are ongoing studies and experiments related to white holes, but they are still in the early stages. Some scientists are using mathematical models and simulations to study the behavior of white holes, while others are searching for potential signatures of white holes in cosmic radiation. These studies could provide more insights into the link between white holes and our universe.