Lipstick as a Defense Weapon: What Drugs Are Used?

• Thread starter heeryee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drugs
In summary, some people use a combination of drugs in lipstick as a defense weapon, with one of the drugs being chloral hydrate. The other drugs may be sedative-hypnotic nonbarbiturates, but this is uncertain. There are concerns about potential self-poisoning and the use of "hypnotic" in this context.
heeryee
Some people use drugs combined in lipstick as a defense weapon in the streets.

One of the drugs used is chloral hydrate.

Does anyone else know what the other drugs are that are used in the lipstick for defense ?

They may be some of the sedative-hypnotic nonbarbituates but I am not sure.

Please let me know.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
heeryee said:
Some people use drugs combined in lipstick as a defense weapon in the streets.

One of the drugs used is chloral hydrate.

Does anyone else know what the other drugs are that are used in the lipstick for defense ?

They may be some of the sedative-hypnotic nonbarbituates but I am not sure.

Please let me know.

I have never heard of this, please provide a link as to what you are referring to. The first thing that strikes me is how the wearer would avoid poisoning themselves, and I have no idea what you mean by "hypnotic" considering we are talking about chemistry.

1. What is the main drug used in lipstick as a defense weapon?

The main drug used in lipstick as a defense weapon is capsaicin, which is a compound found in chili peppers.

2. How does the drug in lipstick act as a defense weapon?

Capsaicin causes a burning sensation and irritation when it comes into contact with the skin or mucous membranes. This can temporarily incapacitate an attacker, giving the victim time to escape or call for help.

3. Is the use of lipstick as a defense weapon legal?

The legality of using lipstick as a defense weapon varies depending on the location. In some places, it may be considered a concealed weapon and therefore illegal to carry. It is important to check local laws and regulations before using it as a defense weapon.

4. Are there any potential side effects of using lipstick as a defense weapon?

Some potential side effects of using lipstick as a defense weapon may include skin irritation, burning or stinging sensation, and tearing of the eyes. It is important to use caution and follow safety instructions when using it as a defense weapon.

5. Can lipstick be used as a defense weapon against animals?

Yes, lipstick can be used as a defense weapon against animals. The capsaicin in the lipstick can cause a similar burning sensation in animals, temporarily deterring them and giving the victim a chance to get away.